Hi, I'm Heraldo Torres, a Houston based Web Developer specializing in data-driven UI and UX. From user research and wireframing to creating jQuery plugins and responsive websites, I'm passionate about everything web.
I've had the amazing opportunity of working with some incredible designers, developers, marketers, programmers, SEOs... the list goes on! I'm always learning new things, asking questions, answering questions, finding new things, and improving. The web is love. The web is life.
- Certified in Interaction Design by the Nielsen Norman Group. (Search for Heraldo Torres)
- Using tools such as UXPin to create research-driven wireframes and mockups of new features and designs.
- A/B Testing. Worked with Optimizely and similar A/B testing software.
- Conducted live user-research using actual and recruited customers.
- Extensive use (including implementation) of analytics tools such as: Google Analytics, MixPanel, Woopra, Segment, HotJar, CrazyEgg, and Optimizely.
- Experienced in working with AWS, including how to set up a LAMP stack on an EC2, S3, and CloudFront.
CMS and eCommerce Systems
- Experienced in Magento Extension and Theme Development.
- Wordpress Theme and Plugin Development.
- Experienced in mobile-first responsive web design. Extensive knowledge in Basscss, SpectreCSS, Bootstrap, Foundation.
- Extensive QA using services like BrowserStack and custom written code audit tools.
- Experienced in optimizing for page performance using things such as image sprites, CDNs, client-side and server-side caching, server-side compression (gzip), html/css/js compression, etc.